- "Bywater" is a family name for Anne's family. When it came time for her to name her business, she liked this word because not only is it a special family name, but "water" is such an important part of pregnancy and birth.
- During pregnancy, the baby is surrounded and protected by the amniotic fluid, often called the "water".
- During birth, Moms should drink plenty of water. Drinking water helps keep amniotic fluid levels up, lessening the chance of cord compression which could lead to lowered heart rates for baby, keeps the uterine muscles strong, and keeps Moms more comfortable. One way birth partners can stay active in the birth is by keeping Mom well-hydrated!
- Spending part of your birthing time in a deep tub of water is a fantastic way to relax and enjoy your birthing waves as they flow through you.
- More and more babies are born right in the water! What a special, calm, and peaceful way for a baby to enter this world.